Thomas Phillip Lamb built this Georgian house in 1776. Rye was an important naval and ship building town forming one of the Cinque Port Confederation towns. This Grade II listed building is set in landscaped gardens with view towards the citadel of Rye. The original house was timber framed with mathematical tiles to give the illusion of a grand brick built house. Latter additions introduced stone and stucco details and porches. Dunn Architects were commissioned to design and build a sympathetic Orangery to compliment the house and to improve the original kitchen and back of the house.